FAQ on our first two picks.
Team MAYDAY — 2014-07-29
Our blog is migrating. This blog post will now live here: http://blog.mayday.us/post/98259994875/
There have been a number of questions that I’m sure our supporters are asking right now. We’ve added them to the FAQ page but we’d like to also post them here for easy access.
Why are you supporting a Republican?
In the New Hampshire Republican Senate Republican Primary, we are supporting two-term State Senator Jim Rubens, the only Republican U.S. Senate candidate in the nation who has openly endorsed fundamental reform to the way campaigns are funded.
Better yet, he’s made political reform his central issue. While most Republicans in Congress oppose reform, this is a race where reformers can show that we will have the backs of those brave Republicans who buck special interests and do the right thing.
By supporting Rubens, are you opposing incumbent Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D), a champion of reform?
The campaign we announced is in the Republican Primary in New Hampshire. In that race, we’re supporting Jim Rubens against Scott Brown.
If Jim Rubens wins the primary, then both candidates in the NH Senate race will be for public funding of elections. Our work will be done. We have no reason to be supporting one pro-public funding candidate against another.
We will wait for the results of the primary before deciding whether to take further steps in the NH Senate race.
You’re giving candidates a chance to inoculate themselves by pledging for reform. What happens if a candidate claims to support reform, and then doesn’t?
Those candidates could be on our target list for 2016.
My candidate supports reform, but you don’t have their stance listed!?
Great! Send us a press release or public statement, and we’ll make sure it gets posted.
– Team MAYDAY
comments powered by Disqus
- 2014-09-16 — Donor Data Release No. 4
- 2014-09-13 — Optimism
- 2014-09-10 — GUEST POST - A history lesson
- 2014-09-09 — GUEST POST - Stark360 is not a 180°
- 2014-09-05 — PRESS RELEASE - Mayday.US Releases Senator Gordon Humphrey Endorsement Ad
- 2014-08-29 — Labor Day
- 2014-08-27 — Gallego Victory
- 2014-08-26 — Launch of Mayday Labs
- 2014-08-18 — Data Release No. 2
- 2014-08-13 — The most important anti-corruption candidate in America
- 2014-08-11 — Mayday PAC Expands Targets, Announces New Candidates and Places Radio Ads
- 2014-08-05 — Our Fundraising So Far
- 2014-07-04 — Escape the 1990s
- 2014-07-30 — Email Fundraising
- 2014-07-29 — It's on.
- 2014-07-29 — Mayday PAC Announces First Targets in Campaign to End Influence of Money in Politics
- 2014-07-29 — FAQ on our first two picks.
- 2014-07-24 — Transparency
- 2014-07-20 — Update on timing for announcement
- 2014-07-16 — Our 2014 Targeting Criteria
- 2014-07-15 — PRESS RELEASE - Crowd-Funded Super PAC Files FEC Report Detailing $3.3 Million in Contributions
- 2014-07-14 — AUDIO - On the Media (NPR)
- 2014-07-11 — VIDEO - Call Time, July 10th, with Lawrence Lessig and Ben Wikler
- 2014-07-08 — VIDEO - Thank you!
- 2014-07-06 — What's Next
- 2014-07-04 — We Did It!
- 2014-07-04 — Lessig's Letter to Everyone